The North Dakota Space Grant Consortium (NDSGC) is soliciting applications for the Affiliate Synergistic and Collaborative Engagements across ND (ASCEND) program, which is designed to promote, develop, and expand NASA research and projects in North Dakota. These grants, which may be research or teaching based, will be defined by the goals found within NASA's Mission Directorates (MDs) and the NDSGC's proposal:
Other ND-relevant research and teaching areas include: astronomical/planetary science, small satellite development, Earth sciences, materials science, planetary spacesuit research, and other NASA-relevant areas.
All affiliates are encouraged to refer to the ASCEND solicitation guidance form before completing this application.
- Affiliates and any funded students must be US Nationals, which is defined as a US Citizen or a native resident of the United States.
- Affiliate PI must be from a non-research NDSGC affiliate institution
- Affiliate Co-PI can be from UND, NDSU, or any NDSGC affiliate institution
- Projects must be in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) or a STEM Education field, and have significant NASA-relevance.
- Match funding is no longer a requirement.
- The amount awarded will be governed by NASA federal guidelines.
- Proposal budgets can include funding for affiliate salary and benefits, undergraduate and graduate student research assistantships, research supplies/materials, and domestic affiliate and student travel for field research, collaborations, presentations, etc.
- Major equipment cannot be funded.
- Period of performance: January 1, 2022 - April 22, 2022
- Funding must be spent by: April 22, 2022
Documents requested in form:
- CV of PI and Co-PIs
- PIs must follow their home institution’s Research/Grant Office approval process.